Change The Way You Look At Things

No comments:
 
Advertisement


By Free People

“When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change.” – Wayne Dyer
We might not realize it, but the people who surround us influence our perspective. Through body language, through word… it only takes something small to cause our view to become distorted. Sometimes for the better, but I’ve found this negatively effects me as well.
I am my own person… my thoughts, mine. My actions, mine. But to a certain point, I think I inherit some of what surrounds me. It just happened to me the other day…
I was having a conversation with a good friend about a topic I didn’t know much about. Before I could form an opinion for myself, she had already done so for me. I had no previous knowledge of said topic, so all I knew of it was the points she addressed… the pros and cons through her eyes.
If something is put out into the universe, it’s there for us to absorb. In this case, it was her opinion, which pieces of I took in. I have the problem of then building my own opinion on top of someone else’s.
How do you erase what you already know? Can you?
I think you can, it just takes knowing what influence to allow in, or push aside. When we neutralize the way we look at something, we start back at zero. The vibes and energy that linger around should always stay true to you. I think it takes a little bit of learning… learning that we have control over our perspective, no matter how many influences surround us.


For  more details on this post please visit Free People Advertisement


No comments:

Post a Comment